Sunday, April 5, 2009

Slight Breeze

Yeterday was the first "nice" day in quite some time, with temps reaching the mid 70's. It was a little breezy though, with sustained winds of 40 mph and gusts up to 52 mph.
I must have taken a stupid pill instead of my heart pill, cause I decided it was nice enough to get my motorcycle out, and I did have a major itch to ride. A friend came over and we then headed out. Riding to the north was great, but then we turned to the west, and we rode at an angle the whole while. It was all I could do to hold my lane, luckily this road jogs from north to west for many miles. The entire ride was only about 66 miles, but about 20 of it was against the wind, and another 16 was spent being blown around the lane from the cross wind. Whew! When I got home I felt like I had just finished a 300 mile ride.
Next time I'm gonna check my meds!
So yesterday was 75 and windy, today it is 35 and there is snow on the ground, go figure.
Another typical weekend in Kansas.

No comments: